The interview process and Pre-Employment checks
The interview and induction process covers 7 steps.
- Complete an initial application or submit your CV.
- We will give you an initial skype interview. This is our opportunity to get to know you better and see how you present yourself. This is also your opportunity to learn more about us and live-in care.
- If you are successful at the initial interview we will book you onto the induction training course and ask you to provide 2 references from your most recent employers. (We will need to receive these before you attend the induction course)
- We will also do a DBS and ISA check. Because you will be working with vulnerable adults, we need to know that you are safe to work with them.
- At induction, we will not only train you, but will try to get to know you personally. Once you have completed all of your pre-employment checks and mandatory training, you will meet the care team (who match you to your clients). Remember that you are always welcome to come to the office and ask questions.
- You are offered your first job.
- You are called, and visited by our team, to see that you are coping OK with the work, to answer any of your questions and to generally support you.
Induction and Training Process
All of our carers undertake a 10 day training course which includes practical training, e-learning and workbooks. Modules include medication, incontinence, dementia, falls awareness, cooking and, if required, driving skills and as well as other mandatory tasks aimed at giving you the knowledge and skills required to enable you to provide excellent care for our clients.
The Recruitment and Training team are always on available for advice within office hours, they will be able to tell you more about the training, the courses available and answer any questions related to this.
We also have advanced courses, which will help you in your caring career, caring for people with more complex conditions.